Schaefer Orbiter System
Simple principle for maximum efficiency
The Schaefer Orbiter System consists of a shuttle vehicle, a docking station and a specially designed channel storage.
The operating principle: the docking station and the shuttle vehicle (orbiter) form a single unit that can be moved around the warehouse. Racks in which the shuttle operates have a centring console fitted onto the front.
A forklift then picks up the docking station, including the orbiter, and places it into the centring console of the designated rack. The forklift then starts storage operations by placing inbound pallets on the orbiter.
While the forklift attends to the next pallet to be stored, the orbiter transports the pallet quickly and safely to its desired storage location within the rack. Movement commands are given to the shuttle vehicle through a wireless remote control.
Innovative solution sets new standards
A shuttle solution in itself is not a new concept in intralogistics. The key features are those that bring the SSI SCHAEFER shuttle warehouse system ahead of the competition and were specifically tailored to the safety and efficiency requirements of the European market:
- Power supply via patented, environmentally friendly Power Caps avoiding expensive replacement and disposal of batteries
- Innovative lifting mechanism without hydraulics
- The docking station prevents damage to the shuttle vehicle and therefore also avoids expensive repairs or downtimes in the warehouse
- Maximum safety in the warehouse thanks to the redundant design of safety-critical components
- Easy handling and user-friendly design
- Suitable for cold storage